For the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all patrons, the Alice Springs Turf Club has right to:
- Refuse entry to any person deemed to be intoxicated and/or disorderly;
- Refuse entry to any unauthorised person;
- Refuse entry of items which have the potential to cause injury or public nuisance (i.e. large flags/banners, musical instruments etc).
- Refuse entry or remove from the venue any person who behaves in a provocative, disorderly, insulting, offensive, objectionable or unsafe manner.
- Refuse entry or remove from the venue any person who engages or participates in any conduct, protest or demonstration that may disturb or offend others or which may disrupt or hinder proceedings.
- Refuse entry or remove from the venue any person who enters the course proper or the parade ring without authorization.
- Refuse entry or remove from the venue any person who fails to immediately follow the direction of any official, Steward, Alice Springs Turf Club staff member or contract employee, or Security representative.
- The Alice Springs Turf Club reserves the right to inspect/search bags brought into or out of Ladbrokes Pioneer Park.
- Persons gaining unauthorised access to Ladbrokes Pioneer Park and/or the race track may be liable for prosecution.
- Alcoholic beverages cannot be taken into or out of Ladbrokes Pioneer Park by patrons.
- Smoking on the premises is only permitted in designated smoking areas and not within seating or enclosed areas.
- Customers wishing to bring personal items into the Alice Springs Turf Club and Ladbrokes Pioneer Park do so at their own risk.
- The Alice Springs Turf Club will not be held responsible for any damages to, loss or theft of a patron’s personal property.
- Shade structures or large shade umbrellas cannot be brought into Ladbrokes Pioneer Park.
- Unauthorised soliciting and customers surveying is not permitted.
The following restricted/prohibited items are not permitted into Ladbrokes Pioneer Park:
- Shade Umbrellas
- Alcoholic beverages
- Personal BBQ’s
- Laser pointers
- Knives or other dangerous weapons
All patrons entering Ladbrokes Pioneer Park are advised that:
• They are entering a licensed premises
• Intoxicated persons will not be permitted to enter
• Persons in possession of liquor will not be permitted to enter
• Checking procedures will apply to prevent persons possessing liquor from entering
• Intoxicated persons will be removed from the premises
• It is an offence for minors to purchase and consume liquor
• It is an offence to purchase liquor for (or supply liquor to) minors
• Persons supplying liquor to minors will be reported to the Police and penalties apply under the Liquor Act 2018.
Proof of Age
- Patrons are advised that any person between the age of 18-25 years may be required to wear a “Proof of Age” wristband should they wish to purchase and/or consume alcohol on course. Security will be conducting proof of age checks throughout the day to ensure that patrons are correctly wrist banded.
- “Proof of Age” wristbands can be obtained upon racecourse entry on the day.
- Patrons who are between the ages of 18-25 years who are consuming alcohol and refuse to wear a wristband upon request from an Alice Springs Turf Club staff member or contract employee will be evicted from Ladbrokes Pioneer Park.
- Any patron who refuses to provide Proof of Age when requested by a staff member, contract employee or Security will be evicted from the course.
In order to comply with its legal and social responsibilities, the Alice Springs Turf Club has a policy on responsible service of alcohol (RSA Policy). The RSA Policy will be observed and applied by the Alice Springs Turf Club staff with respect to all guests and events. The Alice Springs Turf Club reserves the right in its absolute direction to discontinue the service of liquor and/or cancel the event at any time, either before or during the event, if an actual or threatened breach of the RSA policy or any applicable laws occurs in relation to the service or supply of alcohol, or behaviour of guests.
The taking of illegal drugs will not be tolerated at the Alice Springs Turf Club or Ladbrokes Pioneer Park. The Alice Springs Turf Club does not condone the use or possession of illegal drugs by guests and they will be referred to the appropriate authorities.
Booking Policy (Venue Hire Packages)
- For all bookings valued at less than $500 payment is required in full to secure your booking.
- For all bookings valued at over $500 a 50% deposit is required to secure your booking with the remaining balance to be paid in full one week (7 days) prior to the event. Failure to pay the balance may result in your booking being released to market and no refund of deposit will apply.
- Bookings requested within 7 days of the event will require payment in full at the time of booking.
If for any reason a booking is cancelled the following conditions will apply:
- Cancellation more than 2 months prior to the event – Deposit refunded in full
- Cancellation 1 month prior to the event – 50% of deposit will be refunded
- Cancellation within 2 weeks of the event – No deposit will be refunded
The Alice Springs Turf Club reserves the right not to sell tickets to any person, agent or company. The Alice Springs Turf Club is not liable for any loss, inconvenience, damage, additional expense, injury, delay or any other claim in relation to changes to event information or program, including the cancellation or rescheduling of events due to unforeseen circumstances. The Alice Springs Turf Club reserves the right to alter the date, venue, entertainment and activities as advertised without prior notice. All patrons who enter the Alice Springs Turf Club property, indemnify the Alice Springs Turf Club against liability for or in respect of any claims, demands, actions, suits or proceedings, costs, expenses, loss, damage, personal injury or death of any person arising out of or in connection with the execution or work at the facility, the use of the facility by the patron or any act or omission of the patron, or any of their guests, invitees, employees, contractors or agents. Entering the property infers agreeance of this condition.
Lost or Stolen Tickets
Replacement for lost or stolen tickets will attract the standard General Admission or Members’ Guest admission charges applicable to the race day. Only written requests giving the identification number of the lost ticket will be accepted. Replacement ticket collection must be arranged with the Alice Springs Turf Club race day office prior to the race day.
Entry may be refused if tickets are damaged or defaced in any way or are not purchased from the Alice Springs Turf Club or other authorised points of sale.
Refunds and Exchanges
No refund or exchange on any tickets, except as required by law and as otherwise specified by the Alice Springs Turf Club. If a refund is made, the Alice Springs Turf Club may, to the extent permitted by law, retain any fee it has charged.
Scalping of Tickets
Tickets may not, without the prior written consent of the Alice Springs Turf Club and the seller, be resold or offered for resale at a premium (including via online auction sites) or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions and trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services, either by the original purchase or any subsequent bearer. If a ticket is sold or used in breach of this condition, the ticket may be cancelled without a refund and the bearer of the ticket may be refused admission. The resale of tickets in certain circumstances is governed by ticket sales legislation and may attract criminal penalties.
Race Meeting Cancellation or Postponement
The Alice Springs Turf Club reserves the right to alter the race day program without notice, under any circumstances. While the Alice Springs Turf Club takes every reasonable step to ensure the race day runs to schedule, the Alice Springs Turf Club accepts no liability for any change for any reasonable cause.
A race or race meeting at Ladbrokes Pioneer Park may be cancelled or postponed by the Alice Springs Turf Club at any time due to any circumstance, cause or event whatsoever which may be out of the control of the Alice Springs Turf Club including a force majeure event, adverse weather conditions or events affecting the racing industry such as equine influenza.
If for any reason a race meeting held at Ladbrokes Pioneer Park is cancelled the following conditions will apply:
- If the cancellation takes place after a race has been run for any reason, no refund of any type will be made.
- If the races are cancelled prior to a race being run and the racecourse is closed down, a full refund (entry ticket & packages) will be available for up to 14 days following the proposed date on return to the club of your receipt of ticket purchase (ticket stub) unless the point below is enacted.
- Should the club decide to continue with running a phantom race meeting (definition below), refunds on ticket entry only will only be available providing you take your ticket stub to the ticket box located at the entry point within 90 minutes of the race meeting being cancelled (no refund on event tickets or packages will be available when a phantom meeting is conducted).
A phantom meeting is when there are no horse races, or no further races being held on site, however the course and its facilities remain open and operating to all patrons for the duration of the day.
A person may only take images of activities at the racecourse for personal use and must not make available any images for commercial exploitation, sale or distribution by any person unless accredited by the Alice Springs Turf Club. Where the Club or the Stewards reasonably suspect that images are being taken for non-personal use, the person taking the images will be liable to immediate removal from Ladbrokes Pioneer Park at the direction of the Alice Springs Turf Club employees or Stewards, with potential follow up of these actions.
Notice of Filming & Photography
- Please be aware that official photographers operate on course.
- When you enter Ladbrokes Pioneer Park, you enter an area where photography, audio, and video recording may occur.
- By entering the event, you consent to interview(s), photography, audio recording, video recording and its/their release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used for news, web casts, promotional purposes, telecasts, advertising, inclusion on websites, social media, or any other purpose by the Alice Springs Turf Club and its affiliates and representatives.
- Images, photos and/or videos may be used to promote similar Alice Springs Turf Club and Ladbrokes Pioneer Park events in the future, highlight the event and exhibit the capabilities of the Alice Springs Turf Club and Ladbrokes Pioneer Park.
- By attending the event, you waive all rights you may have to any claims for payment or royalties in connection with any use, exhibition, streaming, web casting, televising, or other publication of these materials, regardless of the purpose or sponsoring of such use, exhibiting, broadcasting, web casting, or other publication irrespective of whether a fee for admission or sponsorship is charged.